Friday 9 February 2007

Jazzy Hip-Hop



Heres a little mix of jazzy Hip-Hop tracks that strecth all the way from the Gangster side to the more soulful side all the tracks a nabbed from my crate collection so endure or enjoy the choice is yours

KOOL G. RAP (92) ILL STREET BLUES

As I mentioned gangster I may as well kick off with one of the greatest rappers (well one of my favourites....as the greatest can't possibly exist) The legendary Kool G. Rap I'm harbouring a firm favourite of mine & I'm sure most of you would know of it...it's a track produced by The TrakMasterz called "Ill Street Blues" a real dark & funky jazz track....Kool G is as far as I go with the gangster side, as I really can't get into to it....never-the-less grab it here...I've gotta warn you though Kool G's flow is sickening...


Ill Street Blues



DIAMOND D (92) SALLY GOT A ONE TRACK MIND

Next up is another classic & another track you'll all know....it's by Diamond D and was remixed by Showbiz I actually grabbed this 12" before I'd heard the album & certainly before I'd heard the original....The tracks incredible....remixes certainly ain't easy to pull off especially when the original's are sheer quality.





Diamond D MySpace

Anyway Diamond D's early 90's effort that was remixed by fellow DITC crew member Showbiz


Sally Got A One Track Mind (Showbiz Re-Cycle)


MARK THE 45 KING - SIMPLICITY (ft. CHILL ROB G., HUMPTY HUMP & NELIA)


This next track is amazing....I heard this through the airwaves of the (for me) legendary "Chubby Kids" show on Kiss 100 (which is still on now on wedenesdays at 9pm till 11pm) to be honest they've opened up alot in terms of Hip-Hop for me.....this track is called Simplicity & is real mellow....I wanna here this in a nice "Sit Back-N-Relax" mix available http://sbrelax.blogspot.com/, the track features Chill Rob G, Humpty Hump (who you may remember from a dance), Big-Pooh & Nelia a soul singer....this track is real mellow Grab it here....


This track is on the Terrordome 12"


Simplicity (ft. Chill Rob G., Humpty Hump & Nelia)

1st Buy Spot

2nd buy Spot





THE JAZ-O (1990) IT'S THAT SIMPLE


This track's taken off the album "To Your Soul" & features Prince Paul on production & Jay-Zee on the rhyme scheme....great track that forms Hi-Hop in it's purest.....rich in rhymes & perfect in production.



PETE ROCK & C.L. SMOOTH - STRAIGHTEN IT OUT (rmx)

You thought the original was good enough...welll here you go Straighten It Out (Re-Cycled) the album is avaliable further down the post


TOMMY TEE - WHATS YOUR NAME (FT. NICE-N-SMOOTH)

Soulful jazzy track with the ever predictive tongue in which Nice-N-Smooth Perform....as always Greg Nice kicks off with his repetive battle & then the ever ready Smooth B....blends in nicely to the mellow jazz beat that our friend all the way from Oslo, Norway has compiled.


You may also catch via the sudanim Clinical Assistant & Father Blanco

Tommy Tee Productions

Tommy Tee's MySpace

Buy it Buy/Purchase

THES ONE (2005) GIVE IT UP (ft. J-LIVE)

The great People Under The Stairs Producer has cooked up a blinder here in what could be my favourite track of the post....The drums alone are enough let alone the sample(s) that leave guest & the epitome of MC's, J-Live in his element....touching on global warming & daily strife the message here is clear "Give it Up"













A.D.O.R. (1992) LET IT ALL HANG OUT (ft. PETE ROCK)


Last but certainly far from least I'll end with a classic that I imagine & only hope you already have amognst your treasures....Pete Rock blends "Good Humour Man" by Blue Mitchell & "California Soul" by Gerald Wilson & creates well a quite perfect track.....a gem of a great era & a gem of a better genre.


No comments: